Sep 24, 2012

Review: Alive or Dead – 2008





The film starts out quite different to what I’m used to; a woman driving a car and having phone sex by cell phone at the same time. She soon reaches an open area though and she stops playing with herself when she finds a bus with the words “Help me” written in blood. She does not seem to scare easily and explores the area and eventually gets trapped in the bus together with a redneck and a captured and chained girl.

Sounds interesting don’t you think? That’s what I thought but I never got the hang of it. The bus driver takes the bus into a dessert castle or something like that and nothing is what it seems to be anymore. I don’t know who’s the victim or the perpetrator. Well, most of it makes sense in the end but it’s not very clear. I feel like it’s a bit sloppy script where there are twists and turns just for the hell of it. There’s no real logic to what happens and why.

There are som nice acting and gore though. I don’t mean to say that’s it’s a real gore- or splatter film, but there are blood and it looks pretty decent! In the end this doesn’t carry the movie as a whole though. It gets quite boring and hard to understand. I can live with that if there’s a point made out of making it hard to understand but here I feel like its just plain bad storytelling.

4/10

No comments:

Post a Comment