Feb 25, 2015

Hans Cripleton: Talk to the Hans – 2014 – What did I just see?


What did I just see? I don’t think that question has ever been more valid. I had to watch this a few times before I “got it”. It’s actually a quite funny comedy; an indie comedy and not very politically correct at that. At first I thought it was a bit tasteless and making fun och disabled people. I don’t anymore. If it’s something it makes fun of, it’s inbred rednecks. I think all of the main characters are so exaggerated that it’s impossible to take them serious enough to be offended though. That’s my 2 cents anyway. I guess some might be offended but if that’s the case, you might want to watch smother else to begin with.




The acting is quite good. I totally buy the pseudo documentary. If I didn’t know better it would have me fooled. The acting is actually more realistic that the makeup effects. Those are cool but obviously faked. I think they’re supposed to look faked to make a comic point and together with the characters it’s all in good fun.

The story revolves around a family, and one of the in particular – Hans. He’s a authority in the horror world but he seems to take himself a little bit to serious after a while. This movie has the form of a documentary around him. It evolves to something more and before the end it becomes a family drama within this crazy family AND the documentary film maker. There is a zombie curse too if you’re into that kind of stuff, but even though it’s important for the plot and storyline, it’s not very much coverage of it. Not in imagery anyway.





You have never seen a movie like this before, nor are you likely to do so again anytime soon! If you are into indie flick you should see this one!

8/10



No comments:

Post a Comment